Home > Balance Servicing
Do you use balances in your labs?
If so, have you ever had them checked and serviced?
Our service engineers have found that 81% of balances they check for the first time are incorrectly calibrated. This can happen for a number of reasons, but whatever the cause, the consequences are the same:
- Inaccurate weighing - Failed experiments
- Wasted time - Wasted money
Don't let your balances weigh you down
For peace of mind contact us today to arrange your balance calibration.
Alternatively, take advantage of our servicing plan & sign up for a service contract and enjoy the benefits of a scheduled annual service.
Volume service discounts are available
Our fully trained engineers will arrange your service at a time that is convenient for you. With your prior permission, they will carry out minor repairs and equipment levelling as required.
The service includes:
- Calibration, if required, using class F1 test weights
- Performance report
- Full repair service available including new parts
- All leading brands catered for
Common problems with balances seen by our engineers include:
- Dust covers and weighing pans removed (e.g. for cleaning) and then incorrectly replaced
- Labels applied to areas of the balance where they affect the weighing
- Debris (e.g. chemicals, paper) lodged under the weighing pan
- Calibration drift through long term use (or abuse!)
- Transport locks not fully taken off
- Damaged power supplies
Contact us for more information:
Tel: 01902 402 402
Fax: 01902 402 343
Email: Customer Services